In today’s world, where we use digital media for most of our work, it is essential to know how to convert files from one format to another. One such conversion is from bulk JPG to PDF. This conversion is useful when you want to convert multiple images into pdf document, making it easier to share and store.
Reasons to convert bulk JPG to PDF: Multipage documents are easier to share as a PDF, PDFs have a smaller file size, and PDFs allow for text recognition. PDFs preserve original document quality when printed.
To begin with this blog first understand the concept of JPG and PDF. JPG is image format widely use in photographs and design template. On the other hand, PDF is document file which contains text and images. PDF is more flexible and shareable than other document formats. In this blog we will learn how to convert multiple JPG files into PDF files buy using ImageMagic plugin with CMD. So lets start with
Step 1: First install ImageMagick plugin tool
ImageMagick is an open-source software used for editing and converting images. It supports multiple file formats including JPEG, PNG and PDF. Download this link from the following link : https://imagemagick.org/script/download.php#windows
or Click Here
Step 2: Installation of ImageMagick plugin
- Just double click on ImageMagick plugin.exe file and click on next.
- Make sure you check these boxes.
- Complete this setup.
Step 3: Check ImageMagick plugin install properly
Once you install ImageMagick plugin, Open CMD and press “Magick”. If this message appears, then you installed correctly.
Step 4: Convert JPG to PDF
- Open CMD (Clicking on path and type CMD)
- Write a formula for Bulk JPG to PDF i.e., “Magick FileName.jpg NewName.pdf”
- Once you write this formula you will see the file is converted from JPG to PDF.
Step 5: Bulk JPG to PDF
- First take the listing of the folder by using cmd.
- Open CMD and go to the path where all the files are located and then type “dir/s/b/on>1.xls” this will create an excel file which having all file names.
- Now open the excel file and you will see the file names with path, but we want only file names.
- Now select the column and click “Alt + A + E or Go to Data> Text to Column”.
- Select Delimited and click on next, now in other box press “\”, so you will get all File names separated.
- Now Copy all the file names and paste it on the new excel.
- Make a formula “Magick FileName.jpg NewName.pdf” in Excel and concatenate all the names in one cell.
- Now Merge all the cell & Copy all the file names.
- Open CMD where all the files are located and Paste it all the names in CMD.
- After some seconds you will get all the files in pdf.
Converting a Bulk JPG to PDF is quick and practical, saving time and simplifying document sharing and storage. With proper tools and tips, ensure a successful conversion that meets your requirements.
Bulk JPG to PDF FAQ
There are lost are ways to convert jpg to pdf
- Using ImageMagick Plugin (Fast and Easy)
- Using Adobe Acrobat
- Using Microsoft Word
- Using an online converter website
By using ImageMagick Plugin you can easily convert jpg files into pdf files. The process is easy and reliable. Just by using ImageMagick plugin and CMD you can convert bult jpg to pdf
ImageMagick is used in web development, graphic design, video editing, among other industries. Its customizable nature and strong image processing capabilities make it popular for many image-related tasks. It has a command-line interface and APIs for software integration, is written in C, and works on multiple operating systems.
This is depends on your work, How much data are you processing. Initially for 50 files of jpg to convert into pdf files it takes around 5 minutes and It also vary from your device to device processing speed.
JPG is a compressed image format, often used for digital photos and graphics. Its compression reduces file size, aiding in internet sharing. It's not recommended for text-heavy docs or sharp-edged imagery, as artifacts or distortion can arise.
PDF preserves document format regardless of software/hardware used. Contains text, images, graphics, interactive elements. Not compressed, retains high quality at all zoom levels. Ideal for printing at any size without resolution loss.